Is your home safe from unlawful police entry?
A recent Supreme Court decision now gives police the authority to enter your home without obtaining a search warrant, in expanded circumstances…but the police do have to knock, first, before they break down your door.
The Court ruled on Kentucky v. King that law enforcement have the authority to stage a search and seizure of Americans’ property without obtaining a warrant from a judge.
In this case, police violated the Fourth Amendment when officers invaded the wrong home during a search for a suspect. After busting through the wrong door, police found illegal drugs in the home, which they discovered by error, and without first obtaining a search warrant from a judge.
It doesn’t matter that the apartment they mistakenly invaded was that of a person conducting a criminal act – this ruling has repercussions that adversely affect all Americans, including law-abiding citizens, like you … because THIS SINGLE DECISION by the U.S. Supreme Court has stripped every American of their Fourth Amendment protections from arbitrary government!
And in Indiana, the State Supreme Court ruled in Barnes v. State of Indiana that police can enter a resident’s private property at any time – without a warrant, without suspicion, without reason – and without knocking and announcing their presence!
So if you live in Indiana, law enforcement has every right to enter your home right now if they feel like it! IS YOUR STATE NEXT??
Our freedoms are being eroded, and we are losing our rights. Sadly, Americans are no longer protected against unwarranted search and seizure! CLICK HERE to SEND FAXES to every member of Congress to DEMAND that they pass a law that will protect Americans’ Fourth Amendment rights!
Fourth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution: The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.
The Obama administration is systematically dismantling your Fourth Amendment rights:
- GPS tracking: Right now, police have the ability to tap into your cell phone, smart phone, laptop and navigation device to track your every move, and they can do this without obtaining a warrant. Last year, the Justice Department argued that warrantless tracking is permitted because Americans enjoy no “reasonable expectation of privacy” in their– or at least their cell phones’ — whereabouts.
- Department of Homeland Security (DHS): The DHS recently released a series of terrorist-watch videos “See Something, Say Something” that effectively tell Americans to spy on each other. These video clips depict Americans as terror threats, and then advise citizens to report the behaviors of their fellow citizens.
- Transportation and Security Administration (TSA): Agents at airports across the country have harassed, groped and terrorized innocent Americans – including small children and the elderly – as they attempt to board airplanes. It is not uncommon to hear passengers complain of strip searches and humiliation, all without due cause.
- Jose Guereña: This young Marine and Iraq War veteran was killed by a SWAT team that invaded his home and fired 71 bullets — 22 penetrating Guereña’s body — all because his brother, who did not live with him, was suspected of drug trafficking. Jose Guereña had a clean record, and police never found anything suspicious in his home. Now, his young wife is left to raise their child as a single parent.
- Kelly Thomas: A 37-year-old homeless California resident, who was described by Fullerton residents as “gentile” and “polite,” was tasered and beaten to death by police.
According to the Daily Mail, eyewitnesses said that: “Thomas was unable to put up any resistance and was lying on the ground on his front when the attack took place. His screams and cries for his father were heard amid the tasering noises.
Six officers’ tasered him five times and beat him beyond recognition. Mark Turgeon, who was at the scene, said: ‘They kept beating him and tasering him. I could hear zapping, and he wasn’t even moving. … he wasn’t resisting.’
CLICK HERE to SEND FAXES to every member of Congress to DEMAND that they pass a law that will protect Americans’ Fourth Amendment rights! We cannot continue to allow the government to rob us of our private property rights and our right to privacy – in our homes, on our property, and in our nation’s airports. The next victim of our new police state could very well be YOU!
RedState warns, “[The Fourth Amendment] is bound to come under more pressure the larger the regulatory state grows.”
THIS IS PARTICULARLY DISTURBING BECAUSE, this is similar to what happened in Germany when Hitler enacted dictatorial powers after a series of “decrees” that eroded civil rights and constitutional democracy.
This is the United States of America. We cannot allow a police state to take shape here.
Where will this dangerous pathway end? We cannot continue to allow the majority of our elected representatives to look the other way while the government tramples on our Fourth Amendment protections. The government’s encroachment of our rights will continue as long as we fail to act!
In order for Americans’ Fourth Amendment right to be protected and the justice system to be truly fair, law enforcement must cease warrantless searches of citizens’ private property.
No American citizen should have to be concerned that at any moment, for any reason, a law enforcement official could enter their home without a warrant … or, for that matter, without a reason!
Along with thousands of your fellow Americans, you can DEMAND that members of Congress circumvent the U.S. Supreme Court’s decision by voting for a law that will reclaim and secure our Fourth Amendment protections!
The Supreme Court’s decision has opened the door to allow a nation-wide abuse of power, and there is nothing that we can do – ONLY CONGRESS CAN TAKE ACTION!
If you believe in protecting the property rights and freedoms of law-abiding citizens, then you must continue to POUND CONGRESS until they pass a law that will supersede the U.S. Supreme Court’s decision and ensure that our Fourth Amendment rights are protected!
Remember … the Fourth Amendment was written to protect us from police excess and police mistakes. In this growing police state, officers BECOME THE LAW, and our Constitutional rights cease to exist.
How much longer will you remain silent and continue to be pushed around before you tell every member of Congress to stand up and protect your Fourth Amendment rights? How many more horrible decisions like these must be handed down before you DEMAND Congress protect our Constitution?
P.S. Obama has already proven his disdain for our Constitution and continues to bypass Congress on major executive decisions…don’t let him turn America into a police state. CLICK HERE to SEND FAXES to every member of Congress – Democrats, Republicans, and Independents – and tell them to TAKE ACTION NOW! Because we should never have to fear an invasion of our private property by a governing authority without probable cause and due process!
You can also CLICK HERE to send a FREE message directly to YOUR U.S. Representative and Senators!
Conservative Action Alerts (CAA) is a media outlet protected by the first amendment and that support for our efforts is not tax-deductible.